Title: The Impact of Regulation: Open Source and Enterprise
Concise Description :
The workshop seeks to elaborate the definition of Open Source and Enterprise, in software, the regulations on the online content and the impact. It will discuss in length, the following :
- Digital content : impact on the diversity on content production in developing countries
- Application : What is the difference between Open Source application and Commercial version of Open Source ?
- Hardware : Open source Middle ware/Hardware, is enterprise ready ?
- And finally we will explore, if cloud computing is an open Source adjacent?
This lively discussion, is meant to bring into perspective the real picture in the market and broaden the minds of participants to realize the options available and come up with recommendations on what needs to be considered to have a fair playing ground, more especially for the developing countries.
Which of the five broad IGF Themes or the Cross-Cutting Priorities does your workshop fall under?
Access and Diversity
Have you organized an IGF workshop before? Yes
If so, please provide the link to the report:
Provide the names and affiliations of the panellists you are planning to invite:
1) Samer Azmy- ICT Manager / Solution Integration Consultant and Huawei
2) Yves Miezan Ezo- Manager of Smile Training
3) Nnenna Nwakanma- CEO, Nnenna.org
4) Dr. Katim Touray- ICANN Board Member
5) Evans Ikua- FOSS Certification Manager in the ict@innovation program
Samer Azmy – FOSSFA(Pan-African)
Yves Miezan Ezo – Smile Training Centre (Paris, France)
Nnenna Nwakanma – Nnenna.org (Cote’ d’ Ivoire)